Creating an AI file can be done in Illustrator, not in Photoshop. Making an AI file (for free) cannot be done online. In addition, you can have an AI created by us.
Creating an AI in Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator was created specifically to make AI files. (We use this software as well.) Besides creating new files, Illustrator also allows you to edit existing files.
In a nutshell, it works like this:
- Open the logo/image in Illustrator.
- Trace the image by hand. This means, tracing each shape in the image and filling it with a color.
- Save the file as .ai.
- The result is excellent.
- You can adjust the AI file.
- You can save the file in the three most common vector file formats: AI, EPS, and PDF.
- It takes (a lot of) time to recreate a file.
- First you must learn to work with Illustrator. Only then you can redraw a file.
- Adobe Illustrator costs money.
Free AI creation online
We don’t know of any websites where you can convert a file to an AI file for free.
Creating an AI in Photoshop
Creating an AI file in Photoshop is not possible. We recommend you to use Illustrator.
Have an AI created for a fixed price
Hi, I’m Annelies from customer service. Do you have any questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me using the form below. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
Last 3 blogs
There are several ways you can convert a JPG or PNG to a vector file. In this blog we explain how you can do this. We also indicate what the pros and cons are.
There are several ways you can convert a JPG or PNG to an SVG file. In this blog we explain how you can do this. We also explain the pros and cons.
There are several ways you can convert a JPG or PNG to an AI file. In this blog we explain how you can do this. We also indicate what the advantages and disadvantages are.