Creating an AI file can be done in Illustrator, not in Photoshop. Making an AI file (for free) cannot be done online. In addition, you can have an AI created by us.
Creating an AI in Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator was created specifically to make AI files. (We use this software as well.) Besides creating new files, Illustrator also allows you to edit existing files.
In a nutshell, it works like this:
- Open the logo/image in Illustrator.
- Trace the image by hand. This means, tracing each shape in the image and filling it with a color.
- Save the file as .ai.
- The result is excellent.
- You can adjust the AI file.
- You can save the file in the three most common vector file formats: AI, EPS, and PDF.
- It takes (a lot of) time to recreate a file.
- First you must learn to work with Illustrator. Only then you can redraw a file.
- Adobe Illustrator costs money.
Free AI creation online
We don’t know of any websites where you can convert a file to an AI file for free.
Creating an AI in Photoshop
Creating an AI file in Photoshop is not possible. We recommend you to use Illustrator.