How to vectorize a logo in Adobe Illustrator, in Photoshop, or with an online software? A comprehensive explanation including the pros and cons for each method.
Logo vectorization in Illustrator
Open the logo in Adobe Illustrator. Then draw the logo manually. This means tracing each shape in the logo and filling it with a color.
- The result is excellent (we also use Illustrator).
- You can customize the logo.
- You can save the logo in the three most commonly used vector file formats: AI, EPS, and PDF.
- It takes (a lot of) time to recreate a logo.
- You must first learn to work with Illustrator before you can trace a logo.
- Adobe Illustrator costs money.
Have your logo vectorized for a fixed price
Logo vectorization in Photoshop
Vectorizing a file properly in Photoshop is not possible. For this you really need Adobe Illustrator. This is because Photoshop is a pixel based program. Illustrator is a vector based program.
Logo vectorization online
Online you can find websites that can vectorize your logo.
Orignal logo vs. logo vectorization online (Vector Magic)
- Not always a good result. As you can see with the logo above, the logo is not neatly vectorized.
- You need to create an account.
- You have to take out a monthly subscription.
Hi, I’m Annelies from customer service. Do you have any questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me using the form below. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
Last 3 blogs
There are several ways you can convert a JPG or PNG to an SVG file. In this blog we explain how you can do this. We also explain the pros and cons.
There are several ways you can convert a JPG or PNG to an AI file. In this blog we explain how you can do this. We also indicate what the advantages and disadvantages are.
There are several ways you can convert a JPG or PNG file to an EPS. In this blog we explain how you can do this. We also indicate what the benefits and disadvantages are.