You can create your own logo for free, online, with an app or with programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, Paint, and Word. In this blog you get an overview of how you can design your own logo.
Creating your own logo with an app
Nowadays there are several apps that allow you to design your own logo. Usually they have a free basic version. If you want more features then you often have to pay a small amount for the “pro” version.
Apps you can use for this are:
- You are dependent on the design possibilities of the app. If you want a unique design it is not always possible.
- Usually you can only download the files after payment.
- You are dependent on the file formats of the app. For example, if you need an EPS, AI, or PDF file for printing, you should be able to download them. If this does not work, we can help you with this.
Logo design in Illustrator
- There are no design limitations. You can design anything you want!
- You can save your logo in all vector file formats like EPS, AI, and PDF. These files are essential for printing.
- Designing a logo in Illustrator usually takes longer than using an app (especially if you have no experience with this).
- You have to buy Illustrator before you can get started.
- You can’t generate pixel files in Illustrator, like a JPG or PNG file. You need these files for websites, social media and in Word documents. Photoshop does allow you to create these files.
Creating your own logo in Photoshop
You can also create logos in Photoshop.
- Again, you can design anything you want. There are no design limitations.
- You can save your logo in all pixel formats. These files you need for websites, social media and in Word documents.
- Designing a logo in Photoshop usually takes longer than with an app (especially if you have no experience with this).
- You have to buy Photoshop before you can get started.
- You can’t generate vector files in Photoshop, like an EPS, AI, or PDF file format. You need these files for printing. With Illustrator you can create these files.
Creating your own logo in Word
You can also create a logo in Microsoft Word.
- Probably you have experience with Word, so that makes designing easier.
- In terms of design, you are limited in Word. You build your logo from available shapes. You can’t create yourself like in Illustrator or Photoshop. Basically, you only combine parts in Word.
- You can only save your logo in Word file formats. These files you can’t use on your website or for printing. Here we can help you.
Logo design in Paint
You can also create your own logo in Paint.
- Probably you have worked in Paint before, what makes it easier to design.
- In Paint you can’t generate vector files, like an EPS, AI, or PDF file format. The files you need for printing. With Illustrator you can create these files.
Feel free to send us a message. We will respond to your question within 24 hours.